We are affiliated with the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) and located within the North Central Iowa Presbytery.
Presbyterians are distinctive in two major ways: they adhere to (1) a pattern of religious thought known as Reformed theology and (2) a form of government that stresses the active, representational leadership of both ministers and church members.
Some of the principles articulated by John Calvin remain at the core of Presbyterian beliefs.
Among these are:
• The sovereignty of God,
• The authority of the scripture,
• Justification by grace through faith and the priesthood of all believers.
That means we believe:
• God is the supreme authority throughout the universe;
• Our knowledge of God and God’s purpose for humanity comes from the Bible, especially as revealed through the life of Jesus Christ;
• Our salvation (justification) through Jesus is God’s generous gift to us and not the result of our own accomplishments;
• It is everyone’s job – ministers and lay people alike – to share this Good News with the whole world.
That is also why the Presbyterian Church is governed at all levels by a combination of clergy and laity, men and women alike. For additional information about Reformed theology, see this link: https://www.presbyterianmission.org/what-we-believe/theology/